Sunday, September 16, 2012

DIY: Birthday Cards

Gift giving is somewhat of a passion of mine. I tend to stay away from merely buying gifts at a store, but rather enjoy making something myself or seeking out a gift that is truly thoughtful. For the birthday of one of my closest friends who lives in Baltimore, I decided to make a card myself. Here's how I did it...



What You'll Need:
1. Plain cards and envelopes (any size you'd like)
2. A set of paints
3. Fine glitter
4. A glitter pen
6. A paintbrush with large bristles

Step 1: Dip your paintbrush in water and cover the surface of your card. This will give you a more blended end effect.


Step 2: Using any variation of colors you'd like, paint the surface in large strokes. There's no need to be too careful here as you want an effect that is more seamless.


Step 3: Once your paint is completely dry, fold the card carefully. Using a glitter pen, write a message on the front of your card


Step 4: Quickly fill the front of your card with glitter, making sure you cover the message entirely.


Step 5: Wait a minute or two and then blow off the glitter carefully. And voila!


Pin It Now!

No comments:

Post a Comment