Saturday, November 3, 2012

Read


I've loved to read for as long as I can remember. I'm pretty sure I spent all of kindergarten reading books. It's a habit my mother inculcated in me, for which I am forever grateful. During college, the number of books I read dropped significantly, but recently, I've been trying to make more of an effort to read a book a week. While I'm pretty old school and love the feel and experience of reading an actual book, I must admit that the Kindle has made it so much more convenient!

Here are five books I highly recommend:

1. A Farewell to Arms by Ernest Hemingway - this first person account of an Italian campaign during WW1 is gripping and powerful and truly moves you

2. The Namesake by Jhumpa Lahiri - as the child of Indian immigrants myself, this book hits close to home and puts into words some of the most pure emotions

3. Is Everyone Hanging Out Without Me? (And Other Concerns) by Mindy Kaling - this right here is a girl after my own heart. Read this book -- you will not regret it. I promise you.

4. The Happiness Project by Gretchen Rubin - I started this book thinking it would be a little silly but it adds a scientific perspective to happiness and gives you steps to achieve it yourself.

5. Honeymoon with my Brother by Frank Wisner - a book that will change your view on break ups. It's a must for any adult.

Reading doesn't have to be daunting. Start small and with a genre you like and read whenever you get a chance. Regardless of how long it takes you to finish a book - it's time well spent.

Pin It Now!

No comments:

Post a Comment